Describe the control processes in place to ensure quality of research.
At the beginning of 2019 Vigeo-Eiris research methodologies and processes was certified with ISO 9001 .
Vigeo-Eiris continues to place the highest emphasis on the quality of its research and is committed to the accurate, timely and impartial assessment of all issuers, states and local authorities within its universe.
Vigeo Eiris ensures the quality of its ESG and Specialised Research process and products by:
1. Investing in its team of skilled ESG and Specialised Analysts/Researchers:
- recruiting analysts with comprehensive academic backgrounds in CSR and Responsible Investment, as well as good analytical skills
- providing these analysts/researchers with a thorough induction process and regular development throughout their careers
2. Conducting regular internal quality controls and audits on the research process and on the final products, both before and after delivery to clients. Quality controls and audits involve a range of people from different services and take place at different stages:
- Sector Leaders, Research and Product Managers perform quality controls during the rating process, and before the delivery of products to clients. Such controls aim to:
ensure that scores and opinions are in line with the Agency’s methodology;
ensure that the agreed rating process has been adhered to for all rated issuers, states and local authorities.
- Thematic Groups support Sector Leaders to ensure comprehensive sector customisation;
- Internal quality auditors conduct random quality checks and audits (outside of the rating process) to ensure that agreed processes and policies are adhered to.
- A specific team composed of IT, sales staff and research analysts performs monthly quality checks on data and publications prior to delivery to clients.
- Sales and Business Line Managers provide feedback from clients and prospects on the methodology and products.
3. Continually improving its Quality Management System. Feedback from internal quality checks and audits as well as from clients is shared with the relevant teams (ESG Research department, Specialised Research department, Methodology and Process Managers, etc.) and products, methodologies, and/or processes are reviewed and updated as necessary.
VE Connect is an online platform that interacts with rated issuers, states and local authorities. This unique platform allows Vigeo-Eiris to share key rating results with rated organisations, enabling continual improvement. It also guarantees the traceability of all communications between the analysts, rated organisations and stakeholders.