Additional information regarding FTSE Russell Products – (1) ESG ratings and raw data (2) ESG indexes (3) Research reports
(1) ESG ratings and raw data
FTSE Russell provides investors with the ESG models and data tools necessary to understand a company from two perspectives – its operational practices and its product-related opportunities. These perspectives are provided via our two core ESG data models:
- The ESG Ratings and data model allows investors to understand a company’s exposure to, and management of, ESG issues.
- The Green Revenues data model tracks companies that generate green revenues. Using Green Revenues data investors can accurately identify and support their investment in companies that are engaged in the transition to a green economy.
Additional information on our ESG and Green Revenues data models are available here: http://www.ftserussell.com/financial-data/sustainability-and-esg-data
(2) ESG indexes
FTSE Russell provides investors with a range of ESG indexes to help investors integrate their ESG objectives into passive investment solutions. Below are a few examples:
- The FTSE4Good Index Series identifies companies that demonstrate strong ESG practises for investors. This is achieved by selecting companies that effectively manage ESG issues as reflected in their ESG Ratings.
- The FTSE Global Climate Index Series is designed for investors seeking broad market returns and improved exposure to three climate change parameters – fossil fuel reserves, operational carbon emissions, and green revenues. The indexes underweight companies with fossil fuel reserves and high carbon emissions (relative to sector peers) and overweight companies with green revenues.
- The FTSE All-World ex CW Climate Balanced Factor Indexes are designed for investors seeking improved exposure to three climate change parameters - fossil fuel reserves, operational carbon emissions, and green revenues (as described above) and to risk premia factors (size, low volatiltiy, quality and value).
Detailed information on all of our Sustainable Investment indexes is available via the "Index Series" tab on ftserussell.com.
FTSE Russell develops and makes publicly available Research analysing ESG themes. As an example, in 2018 we published research on managing climate risk in real estate investing. For the full paper see: https://www.ftserussell.com/files/research/building-blocks-low-carbon-economy-managing-climate-risk-real-estate-investing?_ga=2.167573182.1414004299.1551464240-888786294.1548859744
In addition, we published a report on the transition to the Green Economy. For the full paper see: https://www.ftserussell.com/files/research/investing-global-green-economy-busting-common-myths