Alternative Prosperity Advisory and Products (Pty) Ltd provides business intelligence and transformation strategies related to Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE / BEE) in South Africa to enable organisations to reach their desired BEE compliance levels and transformation objectives. We do this with a beyond-BEE scorecard approach focused on creating shared value and real, authentic and sustainable transformation.
Alternative Prosperity has offices in Cape Town and Johannesburg, South Africa with a third office in Nairobi, Kenya.
The products and services that we offer to support organisations in their transformation include:
Assisting clients in starting their B-BBEE compliance journey through:
- Setting compliance objectives, and
- Implementing a process to track BEE compliance.
- Transfer knowledge through B-BBEE Regulations, BEE Codes and Sector Codes training.
- Conduct B-BBEE baseline assessments and Scorecard gap analysis
- Transformation strategy development & implementation support
Transformation strategy development includes:
- Internal stakeholder engagement
- BEE Scenario planning
- BEE Options testing
- Pathways to reaching transformation targets
BEE Scorecard Maintenance:
- Scorecard calculation,
- Analysis and verification support
- Fronting risk assessments & opinions
- Ownership structuring advice and advice and impact analysis on BEE ownership deals, mergers and acquisitions
- Mandated Investments and black ownership analysis
- Bespoke BEE ownership reports with strategic ownership positioning options
- Setting up Broad-Based Ownership schemes and impact vehicles
- Organisational assessment for transformation (ecosystems, barriers & governance structures)
Responsible Investment and Stewardship Advisory:
Investment decisions should not be made in isolation from the natural and social systems in which they operate. In a resource constrained global economy, organisations' capacity to generate wealth is influenced by the ability to understand the impact of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) trends. We partner with asset owners and investment managers to assist with the process of making investment decisions informed by Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks and opportunities and that are in adherence to local and international RI regulations, policies and best practice trends.
The Responsible Investment products and services that we offer to support investor organisations include:
- Institutional investor ownership analysis (B-BBEE and Interest Groups)
- Responsible Investment policies, models and reporting
- Active ownership support (Research, Engagements and Voting Advisory)
- ESG performance analysis
- Bespoke ESG research
- Bespoke ESG Advisory Services
- RI training, engagements and knowledge transfer
- CRISA and PRI implementation framework policies, and reporting
- ESG due diligence at company, portfolio and investment manager level
Sustainability and Creating Shared Value
We help organisations create and maintain the conditions under which humans and nature can exist in productive harmony. We partner with organisations to understand their role in a changing society and economy that will allow the fulfillment of social, economic and other requirements for the needs of both the present and future generations.
Sustainability for society and business has never been under so much pressure as it is today. In response, the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) identifies 17 areas to achieve three extraordinary things by 2030; end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice and fix climate change. What are your targeted SDG impact areas and how will you measure the impact?
We help organisations to integrate and address material ESG issues juxtaposed to societal issues placing both business and society at risk and to then strategically identify and position such issues that provide opportunities through creating shared value.
A lot of misconceptions exist in the terminology around Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Social Investment and Creating Shared Value (CSV). Alternative Propserity unpacks CSV, can share case studies and CSV stories from around the globe and helps organisations identify and develop their own bespoke sustainability framework and shared value strategies.
Creating Shared Value (CSV) is a business growth strategy that provides a competitive edge to organisations that are willing to innovate and collaborate to solve some of the world's most pressing issues at scale.
The products and services that we offer to support organisations in their sustainability and impact goals are:
- Sustainability and Creating Shared Value strategy development
- Sustainability and Creating Shared Value assessment and opportunity analysis
- Creating Shared Value corporate knowledge and training sessions
- Creating Shared Value corporate eco-systems designed for innovation, collaboration and scale
- Sustainability and Creating Shared Value training, engagement and knowledge transfer