Ever since our founding in 1995, a key focus for us has been to build a sustainable business model with the aim of generating a competitive and sustainable long-term risk-adjusted return for our clients. Our business model is characterised by investment management firms who manage their funds and run their businesses independently. We put a premium on preserving our innovative corporate culture, which enables our investment management teams to draw on the pool of knowledge and experience in the group. Our business model has proved compelling to skilled portfolio management teams who value the combination of entrepreneurship, experience and expertise that we offer.
All our funds pursue different investment strategies and together form a well diversified portfolio in Brummer Multi-Strategy (BMS). In our search for new investment management teams to add to the group, we look for investment strategies which we believe will improve BMS’s ability to generate a competitive and sustainable risk-adjusted return over time.
Brummer & Partners in brief:
- Pioneer in the Nordics, founded 1995, privately owned
- The business concept is to offer a well-diversified selection of actively managed funds by bringing together skilled managers with different investment strategies into a single corporate group
- Entrepreneurial business model and joint ownership by Brummer & Partners and the fund managers
- Approximately 350 employees in seven countries
- Brummer & Partners AUM: USD 11.2 bn as of January 2020
- Fund portfolio managers are encouraged to invest their personal financial wealth in the funds that they manage and normally do so