As an independent Brazilian asset management firm, all our investment team is committed to our philosophy, strategy and responsibilities. One of these main responsibilities is the adoption of the investment philosophy with ESG (responsible investment) as the main guideline.
Please also see below some details of our business conduct.
Associates will observe the highest standards of integrity and fair dealing in protecting the best interest of JBI Clients.
Associates will perform their duties in a manner consistent with accepted industry standards. Associates will, at minimum, adhere to the applicable law and JBI’s Code of Ethics.
JBI seeks to conduct its business in accordance with the law, codes, regulations and standards of relevant governing bodies, accepted industry practices and the highest ethical and behavioral standards, in order to preserve JBI’s image and reputation vis-à-vis JBI Clients, Partners and the Financial Market as a whole, as well as to guarantee the security of all relevant information. All Associates must strictly abide by the content of this document, keeping in mind that any noncompliance with these standards may lead to internal and legal penalties, including termination from JBI.
Associates must conduct their work activities in compliance with the following rules:
- Strict compliance with laws and regulations established by industry related governing
- JBI Clients must be given prompt, considerate and respectful treatment, while being
- Strictly adhere to agreements signed with JBI Clients and other Institutions, observing
fair dealing, transparency and ethics in the relationship;
- All JBI’s financial transactions must follow proper information flow, from the moment
they are recorded up to their final accounting with all information remaining
confidential and JBI Clients’ information being stored according to JBI’s KYC
- Associates must disclose any directorship held, contracts with, debts owed or interests
in any enterprise with which JBI has a business relationship or that JBI
Funds/Managed Accounts invest or may be reasonably expected to invest;
- Associates must refrain from performing any external tasks whenever these activities
offer the possibility of hindering the fulfillment of their duties as Associates of JBI;
The Compliance & Risk Management Committee receives and reviews all personal
conducts, personal investment activities and complaints.
Regardless of the penalties provided by the Brazilian legislation, any breach of the rules contained in the Code of Ethics is equivalent to an infringement that will subject offenders to the following penalties to be determined by the Compliance & Risk Management Committee or the CEO:
- Verbal warning, with a record of the rule breached;
- Written warning;
- Termination of association with JBI.