Trecento AM's investment strategy is actually based on thematic funds invested with a RI approach. Since its creation in 2011, Trecento AM has lauched two thematic founds that are invested on the healthcare field and in robotics companies. The choice of this two sectors came from Trecento's will to invest in innovation and disruptive technologies that will modify and improve our way of living, consuming (raw material, energy, etc.), producing, and even healing ourselves.
Trecento AM uses ESG screening and ESG integration as well as a core focus of its investment process.
Exclusion policy for Screening
Trecento AM has implemented an exclusion policy that applies before the investment selection and that restricts the potential investment universe of our SRI funds.
- Norms-based exclusion: elimination from our SRI investment universe of listed issuers that do not comply with international norms, including the 10 Principles of the the United Nations Global Compact.
- Sectoral exclusion: elimination from our SRI investment universe of listed issuers when their core activity is, according to Trecento AM, incompatible with the principles of socially responsible investment.
On its website (http://www.trecento-am.com), Trecento AM releases the list of sectors and issuers included in this sectoral and normative exclusion policy, as well as information and details on the choice of organisations we have deemed relevant as a source for this exclusion policy.
ESG integration and investment selection policy
Our vision of socially responsible investment is intented to reconcile economic performance with a social and environmental positive impact by financing companies and public entities that contribute to the sustainable development whatever their line of business.
We have therefore implemented an investment selection policy that focuses on identifying the issuers (non-excluded in the screening process for sectoral or norms-based reasons) with the best ESG practices (« best-in-class » approach) in the sectors and sub-segments of investment of our thematic funds :
- to identify and thus to mitigate the risks associated with each issuer that would deteriorate value creation for investors.
- to provide capital and funding to the best issuers and thus encourage other issuers to improve their ESG practices to gain acces to new capital
- to participate to the fight against global warming and energy transition.
This policy is fully described and available on our website: http://www.trecento-am.com