Whilst the Responsible Investment policy was approved by the Board in August 2016, the core principles of responsible investment have been integral to ISPT’s investment process since its inception. These are also embedded throughout other policies, such as the Property Investment Management Policy and the Health Safety and Environmental Compliance Policy.
The principles of Responsible Investment are embedded throughout the business in the following ways:
- 2020 Sustainability Strategy, with ESG initiatives and targets aimed at enhancing performance and driving positive outcomes for all stakeholders;
- Policy and guidelines on sustainability - which addresses management and efficient use of the natural resources that support business activities, social responsibility around community relations, procurement and labour standards;
- Policy and process on workplace health and safety - ensuring the welfare, health and safety of building occupants and customers using our properties;
- Policy on Acquisitions and Investment Management;
- Decision making processes on asset classes, assets and tenants;
- Policy and process on procurement - ensuring value for money, quality service and fair contracting ethics.