There is a Governance assessment to ensure operational adequacy. Necessary enhancements are recommended to the client. Our integration process further includes Social and Environmental Due Diligence (SEDD) assessments whereby the SE risks, impacts and opportunities of the potential investment are reviewed by looking at our FI portfolio:
• Conducting a site visit by the Investment Principal, the ESG Officer and/or the external ESG consultant to assess SE issues and performance first-hand; and
• Conducting interviews with key members of the client’s SE management team; and, in some cases with other individuals (i.e. 3rd party consultation).
Social and Environmental (SE) factors are researched and analysed to better assess risks including:
- Environmental Impacts
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Labour Rights
- Local Community Rights
- Sector analysis for S&E risks and
- The companies' ability to manage and mitigate those ESG risks is assessed.