The Fund has a Responsible Investment Policy that details incorporation of ESG considerations into the Fund's investment practices. Wherever practicable we seek to incorporate ESG issues into investment manager selection, appointment, analysis and decision-making processes.This includes the following:
- We incorporate ESG issues in the Fund’s investment governance framework.
- Support the development of ESG-related tools, metrics, and analysis.
- Assess the capabilities of external investment managers to incorporate ESG issues.
- Ask investment services providers (such as financial analysts, consultants, brokers, research firms, or rating companies) to integrate ESG factors into evolving research and analysis.
- Develop and disclose an active ownership policy with respect to the entities in which we invest.
- Exercise the Fund’s voting rights and seek to monitor manager’s voting where invested in pooled vehicles.
- Seek to support direct engagement with corporate entities in which the Fund is either invested or may become invested.
- Participate in the development of policy, regulation, and standard setting (such as promoting and protecting shareholders rights).
- Ask investment managers to undertake and report on ESG-related engagement.
- We seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Include ESG-related factors in considering the appointment of new investment managers.
- Communicate ESG expectations to investment service providers.
- Revisit relationships with service provides that fail to meet ESG expectations.
- Seek to collectively address relevant emerging issues.
- Seek to disclose how ESG issues are integrated within our investment practices.
- Disclose our active ownership activities including voting, engagement, and/or policy dialogue.
We monitor ESG practices of our investment managers through a compliance questionnaire that is sent to our investment managers every six months requesting information on ESG matters and engagement.