Once a property is acquired, our ESG consultant (C&W's Strategic Energy and Sustainability team) is commissioned to undertake an analysis of the ESG data identifying any limitations, path of progress in increasing data available and, where data is available, setting the baselines for evaluating performance against the various Responsible Investment policy targets over time.
Portfolio and asset Managers are involved in quarterly dedicated RPI meetings ensuring regular update of progress on ESG performance. Asset managers are responsible for environmental and social performance at individual properties.
Property managers (and third-party suppliers) must understand and adopt our RPI policy, putting in place the necessary governance procedures to ensure asset performance is monitored, benchmarked, improved and maintained
Throughout the investment cycle of the assets we manage and in our own operations, DTZ Investors with our property managers aim to drive environmental and social impact in following areas:
- Climate Change risk (i.e. Flood risk management)
- Carbon Emissions (Green House Gas Emissions Scope 1 – 3)
- Energy Usage & Intensity
- Water Usage & Intensity
- Waste Production and Disposal
- Stakeholder Health & Wellbeing
- Air quality management (Externally and Internally)
- Sustainable Procurement (e.g. M&E, cleaning, landscaping)
- Renewable Energy
- Responsible and ethical material sourcing
- Biodiversity & Habitat
- Transport (Including EV Charging infrastructure)
- Stakeholder Engagement (i.e. Employees, Occupiers, Local Communities)
- Occupier Satisfaction
- Health & Safety procedure
- Fair Labour practices
- Inclusion and diversity
In addition, our material assets in terms of ESG performance and risk are covered by a working sustainability action plan to support identify risk and opportunities at assets to improve ESG performance. Input from site teams and property managers on the ground help identify the most appropriate sustainability improvement initiatives that could be implemented at each building.