For the roles for which you have RI oversight/accountability or implementation responsibilities, indicate how you execute these responsibilities.
- Board members and Investment Committee hold responsibility for responsible investment, and, along with the Head of ESG, set and ensure implementation of the ESG policy.
- Portfolio Managers and Investment Analysts implement our approach to RI with this achieved through:
- Detailed pre-investment due diligence, including ESG surveys, oversight of third-party audits, commercial review of the business
- Creating a plan to address ESG risks and opportunities post investment
- Sitting on the boards of each PE portfolio company, ensuring ESG is a regular board level agenda item. This drives further incorporation of ESG factors into the day to day running of the business, through top down prioritisation.
- Approve senior ESG-related hires in portfolio companies
- Monitor and shape the response to ESG risks and opportunities
- Encourage greater awareness of ESG issues within the portfolio, by providing access to knowledge sharing sessions, and connection to industry experts
- The Head of ESG is supported by the ESG Committee, and is responsible for setting the strategic direction for ESG at Pollen Street as well as oversight, implementation and communication of ESG across the portfolio.
Additional information. [Optional]
Pollen Street believes that responsible investing should be embedded within the ongoing day to day activities of each of its investment team members, with oversight and guidance provided by the Head of ESG and ESG Committee, rather than be delegated to a team of dedicated, ESG focussed investment professionals as this could remove the responsibility of implementing, monitoring and enhancing ESG practises from the investment teams who are ultimately responsible for the performance of each of Pollen Street’s portfolio companies.