This report shows public data only. Is this your organisation? If so, login here to view your full report.

APAX PARTNERS LLP

PRI reporting framework 2020

You are in Strategy and Governance » ESG issues in asset allocation

ESG issues in asset allocation

SG 13. ESG issues in strategic asset allocation

13.1. Indicate whether the organisation carries out scenario analysis and/or modelling, and if it does, provide a description of the scenario analysis (by asset class, sector, strategic asset allocation, etc.).

13.3. Additional information. [OPTIONAL]


SG 13 CC.


SG 14. Long term investment risks and opportunity

14.1. Some investment risks and opportunities arise as a result of long term trends. Indicate which of the following are considered.

14.2. Indicate which of the following activities you have undertaken to respond to climate change risk and opportunity

14.3. Indicate which of the following tools the organisation uses to manage climate-related risks and opportunities.

other description

          Tracking of non-financial information/data from the portfolio around resources usage and emissions
        

14.4. If you selected disclosure on emissions risks, list any specific climate related disclosure tools or frameworks that you used.

Apax Partners publishes an annual sustainability report which provides insight into the environmental footprint of the Funds' portfolio companies through a number of energy related KPI's. This enables investors in the Apax Funds to have a better understanding of potential climate risk in the portfolio.

14.5. Additional information [Optional]


SG 14 CC.

14.8 CC. Indicate whether climate-related risks are integrated into overall risk management and explain the risk management processes used for identifying, assessing and managing climate-related risks.

Please describe

The Apax investment sectors are not focused on heavy industries but predominantly on services, retail, technology and digital businesses. As such, the Apax Funds’ portfolio consists of a large number of “asset light” businesses which do not have a significant ESG impact.

Only a few companies have a large Enviromental footprint. From a Fund perspective, a small number of companies influence the ESG footprint to a large degree. For example in 2018, 82% of electricity kWh was reported by six portfolio companies and the remaining 18% accounted for by the other 15 reporting companies

Based on this information the Apax portfolio is not as exposed to climate related risks as other more asset intensive portfolios.


SG 15. Allocation of assets to environmental and social themed areas

15.1. Indicate if your organisation allocates assets to, or manages, funds based on specific environmental and social themed areas.

15.4. Please attach any supporting information you wish to include. [OPTIONAL]



Top