For each investment, UMR sends a due dilligence questionnaire which integrates ESG.
Some of the questions mention:
- ESG Charters: that might have been signed by the investment company (which one(s) ? , since when ?)
- The Type of ESG Integration: such as exclusions / best in class or other methodologies.
- ESG Labels: Is the company / fund registered in a label ? Which one ?
- Energy Transition Approach: what is the company approach regarding the article 173 (loi sur la transition energétique) ?
- Votes Policy : Does the company have one ? Please send it.
Then, the investment idea is analyzed internally (for its financial and extra-financial criterions) and presented to the investment commission which usually rejects investments propositions if they judge their ESG integration profiles too weak.