A conflict of interest is where the interests of a client are irreconcilable with, or diverge from, some or all of our interests or our reputation and include actual, apparent and potential conflicts. DNR Capital’s conflicts management obligation promotes the following outcomes:
- ensuring we always act in the best interests of clients, and where there is a conflict, prioritise each client’s interests above our own
- confident and informed decision making by consumers
- fairness, honesty and professionalism by those who provide financial services
- fair, orderly and transparent markets for financial products
- ensuring the company has identified and continues to identify its actual and potential conflicts of interest
- ensuring the company has arrangements in place to mitigate the impact that conflicts of interest may have on its continued operation
- a culture of compliance.
We identify interests which have the potential for a conflict and manage them by:
- following internal procedures and notifying the policy owner as soon as practicable of any actual or potential conflicts of interest, and
- after evaluating the conflict deciding upon and implementing an appropriate response to the conflict of interest which may include controlling, disclosing or avoiding the conflict.