Research and knowledge around responsible investment is growing fast. As our knowledge and experience grows, we make necessary changes, from high level policy to day-to-day research processes (where ESG is integrated into our stock selection), as frequently as required, with the relevant documentation reviewed and amended accodingly.
Per Ellerston Capital's Responsible Investment Policy:
As Chairman of the Responsible Investment Committee (“the Committee”, formed at the direction of the Ellerston Capital Ltd Board of Directors), the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) is ultimately responsible for the overall implementation of this Policy.
The Committee comprises of:
- Senior Management Representative & Committee Chairman – CIO
- Head of ESG
- Head of Legal and Compliance
- Head of Operations
- Representatives of respective Investment Teams
The Committee is responsible for:
- Setting the strategy and direction of, and overseeing the implementation of Ellerston’s Responsible Investment approach as it pertains to our business and our investment strategies
- Discussing key responsible investment issues, and highlighting potential threats and opportunities impacting client portfolios
The Committee will meet at least quarterly, with an annual cycle of PRI submission, ESG strategy and policy reviews, and previewing the external reporting related to our transparency commitments.
This Responsible Investing Policy will be reviewed on a regular basis and amended to reflect developments in best practice and our commitments to PRI and other industry peak bodies (such as RIAA). The Head of ESG will be responsible for the annual review of this policy in the second quarter of each financial year.