Dexus makes all property-related investment decisions for its listed portfolio. Dexus also undertakes property-related investment decisions on behalf of third party clients. Dexus manages the physical property across the majority of its listed and third party portfolio. Dexus acts as a trusted advisor conducting extensive research regarding the suitability of properties, provides recommendations regarding buy-sell-hold decisions, as well as acting as an active property manager for its managed portfolio.
Dexus owns and manages office, industrial, retail and healthcare properties in Australia on behalf of its investors and capital partners.
Dexus does not appoint external investment managers to manage funds on its behalf. Rather, Dexus partners with like-minded investors who value investment and property management expertise with best practice corporate governance principles.
The list below provides outlines Dexus’s funds under management as at 30 June 2019 in more detail.
Asset Class / FUM (AUD$bn)
- Listed office portfolio: AUD$13.2bn (41.5%)
- Listed industrial portfolio: AUD$2.3bn (7.2%)
- Listed healthcare portfolio: AUD$0.09bn (0.3%)
- Third party office portfolio: AUD$8.6bn (27.1%)
- Third party industrial portfolio: AUD$2.3bn (7.2%)
- Third party retail portfolio: AUD$5.1bn (16.2%)
- Third party healthcare portfolio: AUD$0.1bn (0.4%)*
Total FUM: AUD$31.8bn
*Dexus owns 23.8% of the units in the unlisted Healthcare Wholesale Property Fund (HWPF) which is part of the Funds Management business.