As an operational subsidiary of Bpifrance, Bpifrance Investissement is involved in the general interest entrusted to Bpifrance, and adopted the social responsability commitments and priority sets in its CSR policy.
Bpifrance does not invest in certain business categories (the Doctrine)
• firms dedicated to the financing of infrastructure-building projects (however,
Bpifrance Investissement may invest in the firms involved in building or operating infrastructures);
• companies whose primary activity is land and property development;
• banks and insurance companies;
• media organisations and research institutes, so as to avoid potential conflicts of interest and preserve its neutrality;
• semi-public companies, that moreover may be the subject of financing through the Caisse des Dépôts.
Nor does it invest in no legal activities (in accordance with French law) (i.e cluster munitions and landmines (on the basis of sector + specific research) are excluded), or violate the rules on money laundering, corruption, human rights ....
Bpifrance did a commitment not to invest live in quoted shares and titles of debt of companies of which the activity of extraction or electricity production from charbon thermal exceed 10% of the turnover (vs 20% from 2015 to 2019/01/01), and a commitment not to invest in tobacco activities