In the last 12 months, we have updated and improved processes which are backed by supporting tools, and expert training programmes. This includes our bespoke asset class management tool which is designed to run across the life cycle of each investment.
Moving forward, all information will be held in this tool and saved in a central location on our system so that it is accessible to all relevant individuals. This information is now being embedded and summarised in our wider processes including:
- Initial Investment Appraisal form;
- Gresham House's deal flow tracking system;
- Investment Committee meetings;
- Ongoing conviction scores.
Our updated processes are consistent with the four key stages of ESG integration which have been set out by the PRI, specifically:
- Qualitative Analysis – via our bespoke tool, augmented with additional information from our wider Initial Investment Appraisal form;
- Quantitative Analysis – via our financial forecasting and valuation models, including our conviction scoring which is periodically reviewed;
- Investment Decision – taken and documented in our IC meetings/papers and specifically including a summary of material ESG considerations; and
- Active ownership – regular management meetings, with tracking of relevant ESG materials which are implicit in company valuation, updaing conviction scores and voting decisions