Our Investment Committee has developed an ESG Policy, which applies to both our Firm itself and to the Fund's portfolio companies.
Concretely, in 2018:
- the Investment Committee defined and approved our ESG Policy;
- we included ESG considerations in the Value Creation Plan that was developed with and for our portfolio company and have monitored the progress since;
- we defined the tools (checklists, scorecards) required throughout our investment cycle to take ESG considerations into account;
- we made decisions such as starting to report to PRI or becoming signatories of "1% for the Planet";
- we have regular meetings to improve our Firm's organisation and operations in which we discuss, define, implement and improve our modus operandi and ESG practices.
All capital D partners have oversight and implementation responsibilities for ESG matters.
The partners in charge of investor relations do report on ESG matters at least formally on a quarterly basis and have oversight and implementation responsibilities on this ESG reporting.
Finally, everyone in the organisation contributes to ESG related work (eg during a DD, analysts have to carry out specific analyses on ESG matters, such as identifying and interviewing ESG experts).
- we have continued all of the above activities, further refining our approaches and our tools;
- we had quarterly meetings to improve our Firm's organisation and operations in which we discuss, define, implement and improve our modus operandi and ESG practices;
- we ensured we delivered on our commitments, e.g. 1/ measuring, offsetting (through NGOs with 1% for the Planet) and reducing our carbon footprint and 2/ communicating on best ESG practices
- we ensured our portfolio company was delivering against its ESG commitments.