Founded in 1990, PPM America, Inc. (PPM) is a US-based institutional asset manager with $129.70 billion in assets under management as of 31 December 2019. We have the expertise to provide client investment solutions in public fixed income, public equity, private equity and private debt. Our investment approach is guided by team-based values and our firm size allows us to remain nimble and investment-led.
Our success is supported by a team-based culture that encourages debate and collaboration in pursuing new investment opportunities. At the center of this belief is our emphasis that the best ideas can come from anyone and anywhere in our firm. We believe the success of our investment culture is demonstrated by the strong retention and low turnover of our investment professionals.
Our values are reinforced in our culture every day and help us achieve our mission, “To be indispensable to our clients.”
- We are a trusted adviser. We seek to gain our clients’ trust in everything we do. We believe transparency is crucial to further strengthening that trust.
- We focus on results. We are passionate about investment performance and relentless in our efforts to provide best in class service.
- We operate as a team. We rely on each other, are accountable to each other, treat one another with integrity and embrace the principle that great ideas can come from anyone. Together, we are stronger.
- We are committed to our community. We are committed to positively impacting our community by investing time, experience and fundraising efforts with our nonprofit partners.
- We are adaptive. We are open to continuous improvement and adapt to changing market conditions and client needs.
- We act like owners. We are fully invested in the mission of the firm and doing what is required to balance the needs of clients, stakeholders, and employees.
ESG MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to deliver solutions and services to meet the unique investment objectives of our investors through a process that seeks to integrate all material factors that can impact the long-term risk and return implications of an investment, including those directly related to sound environmental, governance, and social (ESG) factors.
ESG INVESTMENT PHILOSOPHY
We believe integrating ESG factors into our investment process is important – for our clients and for our communities. Considering ESG factors in our investment approach alongside deep fundamental research helps us make more comprehensive assessments of risk and opportunities and is directly linked with our mission to meet the unique investment objectives of our investors.
MONITORING PROGRESS OF OUR ESG OBJECTIVES
In today’s investment landscape, we recognize that ESG factors can play an increasingly significant role in the results we seek to achieve for our clients. We continue to look for opportunities to formalize and document our integration of ESG factors in the investment process, including:
- Enhancing our ESG communications to provide greater transparency into our process and contribute to the responsible investment discussion
- Continuing to integrate ESG data into our systems and processes
- Systematically evaluating various third-party data sources
- Demonstrating the integration of ESG factors in our investment process
- Ongoing training and development as ESG investing evolves
- Articulating climate-related corporate strategy
Firm statistics provided above are as of 31 December 2019. AUM includes committed but unfunded capital for PPM's private equity and commercial real estate businesses.