We Invest in agriculture through professionally managed funds. Key issues include concern over “land grab”, or more generally growing high value groups in stressed situations, as well as management issues such as water use, run off, and chemical use. Livestock production, particularly cattle, has particularly significant environmental impacts.
In guidelines we provide to the manager selecting the funds we include the requirement to apply the following frameworks;
- The Principles for Responsible Investment in Farmland
- The UN-PRI established a Farmland Working Group to address these concerns and to incorporate existing work done by a group of institutional investor signatories to the PRI on the topic of farmland investment.
- UN Committee on World Food Security (CFS) Voluntary Guidelines on Tenure
- The Voluntary Guidelines represent significant progress made in the governance of natural resources and food security.
- Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)