Indicate how your organisation, and/or operators, considers ESG issues in the following post-investment activities relating to your infrastructure assets.
ESG matters are required to be considered by each board of directors at the investee companies pursuant to our mandatory governance calendars
Describe how your organisation, and/or operators, considers ESG issues in post-investment activities related to your infrastructure investments. [Optional]
Through our active asset management practices in working with the investee company boards and executive management teams, we engage investee companies in their approach to ESG issues.
- We require transparent reporting by our investee companies on ESG and initiatives on an ad-hoc, quarterly and annual basis. This includes involvement of auditors and consultants to help check the accuracy of our reporting of elements of the primary environmental metrics.
- We work with our investee companies to address relevant emerging ESG issues (for example: climate change risks and opportunities, resilience initiatives, supply chain considerations, culture, employee engagement and diversity & inclusion).
- We also strive to share and adopt a best practice approach in the practical implementation of decision making across our investee companies. The team hosts Forums and Summits that bring together specific groups where ESG is an agenda item (for example: CEOs, Chairperson, Independent Directors, General Counsels or individuals who work in specific sectors); in addition, in 2019, an ESG Leadership Group was created to share best practices across the portfolio and includes one Leader (investee partner) from each investee partner.
- We onboard new investee companies and boards with ESG trainings/workshops and encourage continual improvement in ESG performance.
- Executive team compensation alignment includes consideration of ESG matters.