Describe your organisation’s investment principles and overall investment strategy, interpretation of fiduciary (or equivalent) duties,and how they consider ESG factors and real economy impact.
The Foundation believes:
- All humanity should benefit from clean air and water and access to the life changing impact of experiences in nature.
- A diverse, inclusive environmental movement reflects and represents today’s American public.
- Investing in young people today is critical to create the better world of tomorrow.
- Financial capital can drive change and support innovations that create a truly sustainable and inclusive economy resulting in healthy communities with good paying jobs by aligning financial resources with strategic outcomes.
- We can create a more sustainable and equitable world by strategically managing our financial assets to help accelerate a global transformation to a clean energy future for all.
- Forging partnerships with asset managers, non-profits, foundations and businesses to advocate for the changes that will enable us to solve the climate crisis for all.
The Sierra Club Foundation's investment strategy is to achieve superior long-term performance in mission-aligned investments while moderating risk to maximize the resources available to meet the mission objectives of the Foundation and its donors.
Provide a brief description of the key elements, any variations or exceptions to your investment policy that covers your responsible investment approach. [Optional]