Property investments are an important part of Folksam’s portfolio and represent over 9 percent of our assets, that is about 45 billions SEK. Since January 2018 our directly owned properties follow the same responsible investment criteria as the other asset classes. Through responsible property investments we shall support and work for a long-term sustainable and climate neutral development. We shall:
* Run our business with clear environmental objectives and actively work with energy efficiency and circular economy for minimized use of resources.
* Co-work and develop good relationships and sustainable behavior with our clients and stakeholders, such as suppliers and tenants.
* Keep a sustainable perspective in acquisitions, management of our properties, lease and projects.
Our three focus areas in 2019:
* Energy & Climate: through energy management and audits we continuously analyze the energy use and perform efficiency activities.
* Environmental certificates: 59 percent of the total area is certificated according to Miljöbyggnad or Breeam In-Use. Through recent acquisitions a small proportion is certificated according to Leed.
* Green lease: 59 percent of all new and renegotiated commercial leases are green.
All our electricity is labelled Bra Miljöval (Good environmental choice). We also carbon offset our energy consumption since 2006.