For the roles for which you have RI oversight/accountability or implementation responsibilities, indicate how you execute these responsibilities.
- The Managing Partner, is ultimately responsible for all governance matters, including Responsible Investment (RI); however he has delegated oversight for RI to the Firm’s COO.
- Exponent’s Board, which includes the Managing Partner and COO, meet quarterly and ESG is a standing agenda item.
- The Managing Partner and the COO, who have responsibility for ESG, also form part of the Firm’s Investment Committee.
- Investment deal teams are responsible for ensuring ESG is factored into the deal documentation and that the level of detail is sufficient to enable the Investment Committee to consider ESG factors as part of their investment decisions.
- The Firm’s ESG Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Firm's ESG policy. A core part of this role is to ensure the Firm’s approach to RI is in line with industry best practice.
- Exponent has developed a strong and well-defined culture that promotes a clear personal responsibility on each member of staff to set the standards against which the Firm should be judged, including those related to Responsible Investment. In all aspects of business and personal dealings, members of staff should never say or do anything that they are not prepared to explain and defend to any external audience, however constituted. It is the responsibility of the deal team to ensure that each portfolio company complies with the Firm’s ESG policies and there is adequate awareness of ESG risks and opportunities at a board level. This is also included in our staff declarations that all members of the team sign, on an annual basis.
Additional information. [Optional]