The commitment stems from the importance of integrating social and environmental considerations and governance, which go beyond the sole target to any financial return of the investment, to embrace broader issues , in accordance with nature of the pension fund and with the awareness of acting as a long-term investor (fiduciary duty).
Cometa objective is to address the invested companies to more sustainable management styles, in order to take into consideration the expectations of present and future stakeholders involved , mitigating the negative externalities deriving from their activities .
In accordance with the investment strategy Cometa will engage with investred companies which are involved (also through the supply chain) in serious social or environmental controversies, such as:
1. violation of human rights,
2. violation of workers' rights,
3. occurence of significant environmental accidents,
4. violation of business ethics (corruption, conflicts of interest, ...)
5. violation of consumer rights (lack of transparency in communication on products and services, insufficient product safety, ...)