The company has developed 4 programs to counter its environmental impact and address social issues in Mexico:
1. Resting Better: Reducing Environmental Impact Program
When the truck operators are resting in the resting areas, the company promotes fuel savings and reduce its emissions by replacing the use of motor vehicles´ AC with external electrical AC equipment. The energy source of some stations comes from solar panels which contributes to a cleaner program.
2. Environmental and Natural Resources Ministry´s (SEMARNAT for its Spanish acronym) Certification as “Clean Transport”
- Constant renewal of its fleet; and
- Cargo division has implemented new technologies to reduce the fuel consumption and the CO2 emissions, particulate matter (PM) and nitrogen oxides (N0x).
3. Making Mexico Greener Program (Environmental and Sustainability Project)
The company built a tree-nursery with a capacity of 100,000 trees, providing training on the management of the nursery, and raising awareness among children and their families on issues of good agricultural and environmental conservation practices.
4. DHBus: On Route for the Education in Low-Income Communities
A professional team of experienced educators educate children, teenagers and adults from low-income families on human rights, finance and sustainability in a mobile classroom.