Bowmark has a ESG specific policy that sets out our approach to responsible investment. This policy is consistent with our overall investment policy which focuses on identifying the highest quality businesses and undertaking rigorous due diligence before completing a potential investment.
The objectives of Bowmark’s ESG policy are to ensure that the firm i) acts at all times as a good corporate citizen, ii) enhances the successful development of the businesses in which it invests, and iii) is a responsible custodian of its investors’ capital.
In particular, its objectives are to ensure that the firm:
- fully explores environmental, public health, safety, social and governance issues associated with target companies when evaluating whether to invest;
- monitors and continuously improves the ESG credentials of the companies in which it invests;
- uses governance structures to provide appropriate levels of oversight in the areas of audit, risk management, and potential conflicts of interest, and to ensure alignment with the interests of other investors and management;
- supports the employees of Bowmark portfolio companies through the provision of a safe and healthy workplace and the payment of competitive wages and benefits;
- respects the human rights of those affected by Bowmark’s investment activities; and
- provides timely information on ESG matters to Bowmark’s limited partners, and works to foster transparency about Bowmark’s activities in this field.
We recognise that strong governance and ethical business practices create shareholder value, as well as enabling a positive contribution to the wider community and society as a whole.