EOS escalates the intensity of an engagement activity over time, depending on the nature of the challenges each company faces and the attitude of the board towards our dialogue, and as a result a company's intensity tiering may change. Some engagements may involve just one or two meetings; others are more complex and will entail multiple meetings with management and board members over several years. Such activity often requires persistence. Our long-term perspective enables us to persist with these difficult and time consuming engagements.
Our engagements with companies may involve at various junctures:
- meetings with executive and non-executive directors;
- meetings with other company representatives;
- discussions with other shareholders of the company;
- participation in collaborative investor initiatives;
- discussions with other relevant stakeholders such as industry representatives, the regulator, customer groups, etc; and,
- attendance at and/or submission of shareholder resolutions at shareholder meetings.
With all engagements, we seek to build a strong relationship with the company and are willing to be patient, remaining focused on the achievement of goals that are directed towards long-term success.