Aqua Capital applies the IFC Performance Standards and associated EHS guidelines and the ILO Core Labor Convention. Its E&S principles address minimization of adverse impacts on environment and stakeholders, efficient use of resources, reduction of emissions, adoption of International Labor Organization standards, and international good practices.
Aqua endeavors to carry out the Funds' investment activities with appropriate consideration for the environmental, social, health, safety and labor aspects derived from the activities and operations of projects and companies financed by the Funds by committing to:
• Integrate E&S matters into investment practices and lifecycle:
• Not finance any activity, production, use, distribution, business or trade that is listed on the Funds' Exclusion List
• Require businesses the Funds invests in, at a minimum to comply with the legal and regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions where they operate; and beyond that, to work overtime towards achieving relevant international E&S best practices and standards
• Encourage businesses the Funds invest in, to establish an open dialogue with their stakeholders on the E&S impacts of their activities
• Seek continuous improvements in the management of E&S matters
• Provide its investors with transparent and relevant information on E&S matters related to investment activities