Prior to an investment, our team seeks to understand the vision and ambitions of the management team, including their social impact objectives.
First, we assess the potential impact of the company according to 6 criteria:
- Depth of need (does the company address a fundamental need?)
- Additionality (theory of change)
- Accessibility (does the accessibility of the service/goodness translate into uses?)
- Magnitude of impact (ability to deploy the impact on a large scale)
- Alignment (between mission and business model)
- Control of negative externalities (are they identified and/or controlled?)
Our impact due diligence includes an assessment of ESG issues and the implementation of an Impact Business Plan which includes measurable key impact objectives and a plan of action.
Each year, we prepare a report on the impact investment objectives of each portfolio company. This report is established in accordance with our impact assessment methodology, and includes :
- ESG reporting § Annual monitoring of key objectives defined in the Impact Business Plan
- An Impact Radar which analyses (through a risk/ return questionnaire) and refines the social impact objectives of the company
Throughout the lifetime of an investment, Citizen Capital provides resources and skills that support and enhance the growth and impact objectives of its portfolio companies;
- Assistance in strategy and commercial developement
- Help with the implementation of tools to measure and manage impact
- Access to our network of skilled professionals