As previously mentioned, Ainda and PINFRA undertake the following actions in its AUM in northern Mexico:
- PINFRA has relevant experience in managing community relations. In our project they are currently recycling construction materials to rehabilitate local roads for the benefit of adjacent communities
- Average employee compensations are 350% above the minimum wage.
- PINFRA has implemented a GHG emission measurement system that is allowing the company to meet carbon emission reduction goals.
- The design of toll plazas includes water recycling systems.
- PINFRA is reforesting 124 hectares in the region.
- Since the asset is somewhat exposed to hurricanes, a so-called “culvert design” has enhanced their capacity to increase project resilience to this risk.
- The O&M and SHA contracts include commitments to implement PRI and to continuously monitor and measure ESG risks and opportunities.
- Ainda also has a robust corporate governance structure (minority rights, reserved matters, etc..) in the SPV that prevents bribery risks and conflicts of interest.
Ainda has a hands-on approach in the assets that we manage. Therefore, we actively participate in the SPV's board meetings and, as part of our commitment with PRI, we push the RI agenda of the SPV in which we are currently invested. Among the actions we are taking as board members is the recommendation that the SPV develops capabilities to focus primarily on following-up the ESG actions and goals previously mentioned. This team must have a performance evaluation and incentive system based on ESG issues.