Altamar currently has four offices (Madrid, Barcelona, Santiago de Chile and New York). Altamar Capital Partners' headquarters are in Madrid (Spain) where most of the team is based (117 full-time employees).
The office in Santiago de Chile, allows Altamar to offer a better service to its Latin-American clients and be closer to the managers of the region. The Chilean office currently employs 7 full-time staff.
The office in Barcelona, which specialises in the Venture Capital sector, consists of 10 professionals with broad experience in the Venture Capital market.
The New York (USA) office allows Altamar to expand its global market reach and to strengthen Altamar's secondary market capabilities. The New York office has grown to 7 professionals in recent months.
Additionally, Altamar collaborates with 20 external professionals across all delegations.
Altamar's activity is organised into two categories: business and support. The former includes the Research and Investment Department and the Investor Relations, Business Development and Portfolio Analytics departments. The latter includes the Operations and Administration Department and the Risk and Compliance Department.
1. Business departments:
• Investor Relations, Business Development and Portfolio Analytics: Focused on providing outstanding service to our clients and preparing investment performance information.
• Research and Investments: Works to realise attractive medium and long-term returns, while seeking a proper balance between risk and return for the following asset classes:
- Private Equity
- Private Equity Real Estate
- Venture Capital
2. Support departments:
• Operations and Administration: Includes Administration, Human Resources, Accounting, Legal, and IT departments. The Operations and Administration Departments, (I) produces detailed corporate financial statements and fund valuations, (II) carries out the day-to-day entity and investment vehicles operations, (III) manages client positions, (IV) coordinates human resources, (V) offers legal support, and (VI) develops and monitors IT systems. This department serves the entire firm.
• Risk and Compliance: Focuses on regulatory compliance, proactive management of risk, monitoring of efficiency/effectiveness of the Group's operations and procedures and corporate governance.