Ambienta’s board reconsiders its Responsible Investment Policy every two years and in the current third revision many new elements were introduced. Now our Responsible Investment policy formally acknowledges the guidance of United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals in Ambienta's investment strategy and the ambition they represent. It reaffirms the principle of active and responsible ownership in particular on ESG operating guidelines according to UNIPRI Six Principles and United Nation Global Compact Ten Principles. It embraces the climate change challenge through implementing carbon foot printing and a carbon strategy at portfolio company level. Finally, it reaffirms the social goal of the creation of a sustainable society through the support of Fondazione Ambienta and its efforts for the wide promotion of environmental values to young pupil generations.
The integral text of Ambienta's REsponsible Investment Policy follows here below
* * *
AMBIENTA SGR S.p.A.
Ambienta Responsible Investment Policy
Ambienta is committed to a sustainable future. Ambienta pursues this goal as a mid-market private equity investor specialising in the key environmental themes of resource efficiency and pollution control and only investing in companies which contribute to United Nation Sustainable Development Goals for the pursuit of its investment strategy. Active ownership and responsible investment are intrinsic to everything we do to deliver our primary objective of value creation.
Ambienta recognises the relationship between the long term performance of investments and environment, social and governance (ESG) issues. In the context of the types of companies that Ambienta invests in, ESG issues can include, but are not limited to
- business integrity
- corporate governance and management
- efficient use of resources
- air, land, water and more in general pollution
- occupational, user and community health and safety
- employment terms and labour standards
- human capital development
Ambienta’s approach to responsible investment therefore includes:
- investing in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals;
- monitoring and reporting to stakeholders individual portfolio company contribution to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals;
- recognising the centrality of, and following, the UNPRI Six Principles for Responsible Investments;
- incorporating ESG issues into our investment analysis and decision-making processes, drawing on independent expertise as and when necessary;
- leading our portfolio companies as active owners to ensure that ESG policies and considerations, in a form inspired by The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact, are integrated appropriately within each of their operations;
- monitoring the ESG performance of our portfolio companies and integrating ESG information into our investor relations and LP reports on an annual basis;
- assessing and managing the carbon footprint of our portfolio companies;
- supporting and collaborating with Fondazione Ambienta, for the wide promotion of environmental values to the youngest generations
- promoting internal accountability for the implementation of the above.
Ambienta is a signatory of the UN supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
Ambienta is a member of Invest Europe where it aims at having an active role and harmonising its operations with best in class for its size.
This policy will be reviewed every two years.