STANLIB will encourage companies to develop the following:
- An integrated report on the social and environmental impact of its operations and how it plans to mitigate the negative future impact.
- A suitable health, safety and welfare arrangement for employees.
- The consideration of the impact on the environment from its existing projects and when considering new projects and whether there are suitable initiatives in place to actively try to reduce its impact on the environment.
- A program whereby the company can give regular financial support to local community activities and projects.
- A clearly defined set of values and rules of conduct for its employees, customers and suppliers.