We set our Sustainable Investment Policy annually and it's approved by the Investment Committee. The Policy comprises our commitments and targets and applies to all assets (UK and European). Our overarching objective is to ensure our sustainability programme for the investment management of funds and assets addresses landlord responsibilities and aspires to consider overall building construction, refurbishment, management and operation through developing greater collaboration with tenants.
For 2018 there were a number of qualitative objectives in addition to the more quantitative targets referred to in section 9.2:
• Ensure the application of a consistent approach to property management by our third party property managers in line with our requirements
• Understand the sustainability opportunities and risks for standing investments and potential acquisitions
• Deliver developments and refurbishments to sustainable standards in line with our requirements and achieve building certifications (i.e. EPC, BREEAM, Ska, LEED, HQE) where appropriate
• Manage compliance with environmental legislation and regulation for all portfolios.
• Ensure waste management plans are in place for all managed assets where appropriate