ESG & Impact team
I&P has a dedicated ESG & Impact team, comprising an ESG & Impact Director (Samuel Monteiro) and two Research Officers (Ibrahima Dosso and one recruitment ongoing). This team is supervised by I&P Managing Director (Jean-Michel Severino), with an ESG & Impact oversight role. In addition, a new technical assistance and impact project officer (Weil Rodelys) was recruited in Madagascar in November 2018 to support the team on several extra-financial issues, including ESG/impact measurement and reporting (on 50% of her time).
The ESG & Impact team is in charge of the main following elements:
- Regular review and update of the ESG & Impact management system;
- On-going training and guidance on ESG due diligence and monitoring;
- Bi-annual review of ESG action plans with investment team;
- Coordination of portfolio-wide ESG projects;
- Impact metrics collection and analysis on an annual basis;
- Implementation of impact case studies based on field missions;
- Comprehensive “ESG and impact” annual report to the Investors;
- Report on any serious ESG incident involving an Investee Company;
- Watch on regulations and industry initiatives;
- Feedback to external concerns;
- Contribution to conferences and industry initiatives.
The investment team is in charge of implementing the ESG & Impact management system in the field for investment projects and Investee Companies.
- Conducting detailed ESG & Impact due diligence for each investment project;
- Monitoring ESG & Impact for each investee company.