Describe your organisation’s investment principles and overall investment strategy, interpretation of fiduciary (or equivalent) duties,and how they consider ESG factors and real economy impact.
Vantage is looking to invest between R50 million ($5 million) and R200 million ($20 million) in established mid-market and large companies with the following characteristics:
- A talented and committed management team with performance-based financial incentives;
- Minimal or manageable technology risk;
- Product lines with extended life cycles and low obsolescence risk;
- A diverse mix of products, customers, geographic markets and suppliers;
- Stable demand for products or services and a defensible market position;
- Sound historical financial performance and stable, predictable earnings and cash flows;
Vantage embraces sustainable development practices in the investment process by integrating ESG management principles into decision making. This outlines how Vantage will implement its commitment to promote ESG management and sustainability by using its reasonable commercial endeavours to:
- incorporate ESG considerations in its investment activities;
- define the requirements for ESG risk assessment and monitoring;
- develop and communicate ESG performance standards that clients will be expected to meet within an acceptable time frame; and
- define ESG roles and responsibilities for both Vantage and its clients.
Provide a brief description of the key elements, any variations or exceptions to your investment policy that covers your responsible investment approach. [Optional]