The investment beliefs of Pensioenfonds Detailhandel are defined in a total of eight Beliefs:
1. Pensioenfonds Detailhandel invests to realize its objective and ambition;
2. The strategic investment policy is in the service of managing the entire balance sheet of Pensioenfonds Detailhandel. A broadly diversified investment portfolio reduces the mismatch risk of the balance sheet and leads to an optimal ratio between risk and return;
3. Strategic asset allocation has the largest contribution to the optimization of return and risk and thus to achieving the target and ambition of Pensioenfonds Detailhandel;
4. Controlling the downward risk has an important contribution to realizing Pensioenfonds Detailhandel's objective and ambition.
5. Pensioenfonds Detailhandel has the opinion it is usually not possible to systematically beat a simple index in public markets.
6. A well-structured investment process and an adequate (management) organization are essential for achieving the objective and ambition of Pensioenfonds Detailhandel.
7. Integral risk management is necessary at all levels of the investment process.
8. Pensioenfonds Detailhandel takes its social responsibility seriously and therefore integrates elements of socially responsible investment (SRI) into its investment policy.