1) Development of the Low Carbon Economy Reporting Tool: LBPAM has developed an IT tool which calculates the carbon intensity of all portfolios invested in Equity or Corporate Bonds. This tool also identifies the most significant contributors to the carbon intensity in a portfolio, the portfolio Coal exposure and the "green share" exposure (we identify a company as "green" if solutions and services to address climate change represent more than 20% of its turnover).
2) Enhance RI transparency of all our RI strategies through RI labelling : LBPAM has an important market share in the retail market and intends to strengthen the development of the RI retail market. As such, we have decided to label 11 RI Funds using the French Public Label. In order to obtain the label, we have improved the ESG reporting of all our RI funds, thus providing:
- 8 KPIs per pillar of our ESG framework
- Qualitative comments
- The percentage of the portfolio invested in sustainable themes for the Equity strategies and the percentage of green bonds for the RI Fixed Income funds
- In addition, we publish on a quarterly basis all the lines of our portfolios with qualitative comments per stock, explaining the ESG considerations of each issuer.
3) Local Territories: Beyond climate change, LBPAM has also developped a pillar to promote local social and economic development. The purpose is to identify the companies which contribute to local employment and innovative activities, attracting local talents, and sharing technologies, skills and knowledge locally. This pillar relates to both internal practices of the companies and products/services with a positive impact sold to local communities and low income populations. This pillar reflects the strong influence of one of our major shareholders which is a public entity which plays an important role with respect to local development (ensuring public service in rural and disadvantaged areas).