2018 Proxy Season
1. Resolutions which came to a vote during the proxy season:
- Lobbying Disclosure - We were the lead filer on resolutions re-filed with American Water Works (40.3%), Oracle (28.2%), and Verizon Communications (36.3%) which all reflected strong support from shareholders.
- Racial Diversity - We co-filed a resolution with Alphabet.This proposal received 8% (close to 26% of outside shareholders, excluding the founders’ votes).
- US Drug Pricing Resolutions We co-filed resolutions with Biogen (28.2%) and moved the resolution at the company's AGM and Bristol Meyers Squibb (22.6%) which both reflected strong support from shareholders.
2. Resolutions withdrawn due to company commitment included: Lowes, Johnson & Johnson, Kansas City Southern.
3. Resolutions where the Company received a no-action letter: Gilead Sciences (renewable energy targets). Despite this we had several discussions with the company during this process on the substantive nature of the resolution ask.