Sustainability Integration and ESG for infrastructure funds from PPM
Zouk has long invested in the sustainable economy and views sustainability and ESG considerations as core drivers for superior investment performance and risk mitigation.
Zouk’s approach to managing environmental, social and governance (ESG) is anchored in the belief that ESG considerations play an integral part to the investment process and the team has developed a formalised approach to manage these issues.
Driving Zouk’s investment philosophy is the belief that investors can make money whilst doing good. Combining a returns-driven mind set with sustainability lens allows a focus on investments that both generates target returns while driving value across ESG considerations.
Zouk’s ESG Guiding Principles
- ESG is integral to every stage of the investment and monitoring process at Zouk
- Zouk’s approach is holistic and therefore able to fully capture a prospective investment’s impact, sustainability and/or resource efficiency potential
- Zouk’s policies are consistent across all companies and with Zouk’s investment thesis
- Zouk commits to ensuring the approach is systematic and quantifiable
- Zouk is informed by independent 3rd part best practices, standards and research
- The approach is simple for the investment team and company to implement
- Zouk ensures the ESG policies are clear and informative to investors and provides reporting on the activities
- Zouk aims to be continually improving as the market evolves and the Zouk team incorporates learnings and findings throughout its investing and monitoring activities
Infrastructure ESG Policy
Zouk’s infrastructure investment funds invest in projects and companies in the clean energy and environmental infrastructure space, including sectors such as electric vehicle charging infrastructure, waste-to-energy, energy efficiency and distributed small-scale energy.
Environmental impact has been integral and inherent to all Zouk’s infrastructure strategy from the outset, however this has evolved and today also encompasses social and governance considerations.
Zouk has identified six key points at which ESG considerations are critical. This helps us to apply a holistic approach to ESG throughout the investment cycle.