Perpetual Investments offers investors a broad range of investment options across Australian and global equities, multi asset, and credit and fixed income funds. Investment principles, philosophies and strategies will vary across these funds. Across our business, our people focus on protecting and growing clients' wealth, with a relentless focus on consistent delivery over time.
Perpetual has a long-standing commitment to responsible investment. In 2009, we became a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
Our Responsible Investment Policy applies to our employees responsible for making active investment decisions. These include investment analysts and portfolio managers, across strategies that cover Australian equities and other asset classes. It is our policy that consideration of ESG factors are incorporated into our:
- investment analysis and decision making; and
- ownership practices.
We believe consideration of material ESG risks in investment analysis and decision making is consistent with our fiduciary duty.
We are also aware of, and encourage, the broader benefits which improved ESG practices can bring including:
- Higher standards of business conduct;
- Increased market efficiency;
- Sustainable environmental management;
- Improved outcomes for company stakeholders including employees, customers, suppliers and the broader community; and
- Ultimately a more cohesive and fairer society.