1. Data and Corporate Reporting - issuing letters on for example, SEC Concept Release S-K, Financial Stability Board Taskforce for Climate-Related Financial Disclosure, SEC Pay Ratio disclosure rule, Gender Diversity in Corporate Leadership Act of 2016.
2. Investor Rights - Submitted letter to the Division of Corporate Finance expressing opposition to forced shareowner arbitration provisions.
3. Financial Stability Board Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosurers (FSB-TCFD). CalPERS has expressed support for the FSB TCFD Reccommendations and Guidance as they align with CalPERS Global Principles, and engaged companies on reporting in line with TCFD recommendations.
4. CalPERS engaged with U.S. Senators, Representatives, SEC Commissioners, CFTC Chair and Director of Legislative Affairs on equity market structure, housing finance reform, U.S. Proxy Process, Transaction Fee Pilots, and derivatives regulations.
5. Global Investor Statement on Climate Change to G7 and G20 Governments: Letter from 282 long-‐term institutional investors representing more than USD 17 trillion in assets to G7 & G20 heads of state urging governments to stand by their commitments to the Paris Agreement.
Additional links to written submissions to governments and regulatory authorities:
CalPERS makes public our legislative and regulatory letters, as well as provides information on legislative reports submitted to governor, Legislature, and other stakeholders, as required by law: https://www.calpers.ca.gov/page/about/laws-legislation-regulations/legislation