AMP Capital's green lease provisions focus on achieving minimum standards in building energy and water efficiency, typically using the NABERS rating system, and complies with the Better Buildings Partnership Green Lease Clauses. We also provide a framework for engagement with the occupiers to educate and inform them about sustainability and ESG issues.
Green Lease provisions in our standard lease typical cover the following issues:
- General commitment to managing and operating the Building and the Premises to promote energy efficiency and minimise the environmental impact of the use and occupation of the Building.
- Cooperation between landlord and tenant on environmental initiatives
- Mutual participation in building management committees
- Optimisation of the Building Management System to ensure the efficient supply of the Services to the Premises and the Building.
- Reciprocal commitment to provide relevant information or data
- Commitment by the Tenant to impose obligations on fit-out contractors not to adversely affect building environmental performance ratings such as NABERS or Green Star
- Commitments that operations and maintenance contractors will not adversely impact the NABERS rating
- Cleaning contracts to include requirements for cleaners to comply with waste minimisation strategies, or energy or water reduction strategies as relevant, and use, where practical, least harmful cleaning products.
- Commitment to use reasonable endeavours to minimise energy and water consumption and cooperate with waste management strategies in place for the Building.
- Commitment to minimise waste and maximise recycling of waste products, including requirement that only compostable packaging, cutlery, cups are used for food packaging and ban on single use plastic bags or straws (food retail tenants only).