For the roles for which you have RI oversight/accountability or implementation responsibilities, indicate how you execute these responsibilities.
RI policy, objectives and related matters are reviewed by Abac Solutions Manager Board once a year and supervised regularly by the Chief Compliance Officer.
Roles related to RI at Abac Capital (independent investment advisor of Abac Solutions Manager):
- Abac CEO is personally involved in setting the Responsible Investment policy and objectives;
- An Abac partner is also the Chief Compliance Officer;
- Abac's Legal Director is also the Compliance Director, in charge of day-to-day compliance matters, including implementation of governance measures at portfolio companies;
- Abac's deal team is in charge of conducting (or contracting a 3rd party to conduct) an ESG due diligence prior to any Investment Committee, where potential investments are discussed before submitting an investment recommendation to ASM;
- Abac's investment professionals perform ESG training at portfolio companies, discuss ESG implementation issues with portfolio companies and follow up on their timely implementation
- Abac's ESG Champion provides guidance to portfolio companies on the implementation of ESG initiatives and shares best practices across portfolio companies
- Abac's controller supervises portfolio companies reporting of ESG KPIs and status of initiatives
Additional information. [Optional]
Abac Capital has five investment team members dedicated part time to RI and ESG activities, equivalent to 1 FTE