As a responsible investor, we believe that Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues impact the value and reputation of entities in which we invest. We are committed to incorporate ESG standards into our voting criteria to act in the long-term interests of our clients as per our guidelines below:
- Act in the long-term interests of shareholders.
- Protect shareholders’ rights.
- Ensure independent, diverse and efficient board structure.
- Align incentive structures with long-term interests of stakeholders.
- Disclose accurate, adequate, and timely information.
- Ensure good environmental and social performance.
Voting decisions are based on the following considerations:
- For: The proposed resolution reflects good practice and is in the shareholders’ long-term interest
- Abstain: The proposal raises issues of concern for shareholders or lacks sufficient information
- Against: The proposal is not acceptable and is not in the shareholders’ long-term interest
Voting & Decision Making Process
Morphic receives notices of general meetings from its portfolio companies through its custodians or the companies themselves.
Voting decisions are made by the Investment Team on a case by case basis based on the guidelines above. The joint CIO's have the final say on any voting decision.
All of our products have the same concentrated portfolio and therefore we have a relatively small number of voting decisions to take on an annual basis. There will be no exception to the application of the above policy. There will be no exceptions to the application of the above policy.