When Quilvest acts as a secondary contributor, it focuses on the partner (lead investor or the fund manager) and conducts a due diligence on the ESG process and maturity of this partner.
As part of Quilvest's selection process and prior to select an investment manager, the potential investment manager is requested to fill in an ESG due dilligence questionnaire.
The answers provided allow Quilvest to assess:
- The investment manager ESG related policies and how the ESG factors influence its investment beliefs
- The investment manager ESG commitments (PRI signatory, any international standards, industry guidelines,...)
- How the investment manager identifies and manages material ESG-related risks and uses ESG factors to create value
- How the investment manager contributes to portfolio companies’ management of ESG-related risks and opportunities
- How Quilvest, as LP,can monitor and, where necessary, ensure that the Fund is operating consistently with agreed-upon ESG-related policies and practices, including disclosure of ESG-related incidents? (channels use to communicate ESG-related information, incident to LPs,...).