La Financiere Responsable (LFR) is an asset manager, specialized in the selection of european listed stocks, according to its specific method of management : the Integral Value Approach IVA®. La Financiere Responsable manages open-ended and semi-closed funds for institutional investors and intermediated private investors.
This discretionary management method aims at selecting values after a detailed analysis of, successively :
- 1 . the business and strategy of the underlying company, (strategy analysis based on Michael E. Porter's works)
- 2 . the implementation of this strategy and the company's real practices with all its stakeholders (extra-financial analysis)
- 3 . the financial profile of the company and its stock valuation on the markets (financial and valuation analysis)
Because of its attention to companies'strategy and business development potential, this method concentrates LFR fund managers towards "growth" stocks.
The Integral Value Approach IVA® is a SRI (Socially Responsible Investment) management method, because of the integration of non-financial data, during the stock analysis process, even before its financial review.
If the investment process of La Financiere Responsable is mainly based on the selection of growth stocks, the fund management team also relies on a macroeconomic diagnosis, established upstream by our economist E. Lechypre, and the Chief Economist of MAPFRE, Alberto Matellan to identify global development trends (top down analysis).
Ultimately, the objective of La Financiere Responsable is to obtain in the long run a good financial performance for investors, by investing in companies managed and organized to:
- develop a full, balanced and sustainable growth, allowing all stakeholders (staff, environment, customers, suppliers, civil society and shareholders) to benefit from the economic growth.
- have a better resilience to the time-to-time shocks of the real economy.
LFR's investment strategy is intended for the following investors :
- Institutional investors
- Banks and financial companies, for their proprietary accounts or for their clientele.
- HNW individuals through their private managers or IFAs
- Employees saving schemes.
La Financiere Responsable has also benefited each year since 2010 from a research tax credit from the French Ministry of Education and Research. For the last review in november 2018, the SRI label supported by the French public authorities was awarded to all La Financière Responsable’s funds. We remind that in 2016 La Financiere Responsable was the first independent asset manager to have its funds awarded this State label. In December 2017, La Financière Responsable won the French state-backed award – the CSR Challenge Trophy for the Responsible Finance (Trophée RSE pour la Finance Responsable) -- for its socially responsible investment approach.