LGP believe that the only ways assets can become truly sustainable is if everybody involved in the ownership, management and occupation of an asset work together, in order to achieve common goals. As such our tenant liaison programme is multi-faceted and involves different communication channels depending on the nature of each tenant and the extent of their in-house teams/ professional advisors.
For Multi-Let Properties we have found the following processes to be most effective:
- Regular meetings –to discuss sustainability actions and issues on which landlord and tenant can co-operate. Minutes are taken and actions recorded.
- Data – sharing of Quarterly Sustainability Reports on every asset with all involved (occupants and suppliers).
- Annual Sustainability Action Plans (ASAP) – agreed with tenants and progress reported quarterly.
- Tenants Handbooks - Guidance for tenants available on our website and sent to every tenant periodically.
- Tenant refurbishments and fit outs (Licenses to Alter) –Plans checked by our managing agents and feedback given
For FRI tenants discussions are held with tenants by our managing agents and LGP asset managers. Our aim is to share data and establish if as a landlord we can help commission energy/ sustainability audits or help fund any improvement measures, where capital is a barrier. All discussions and tenant comments are recorded on a handheld tool, which is then downloaded to a website.